Criteria for Fellowship:
- Registered as a Professional Nurse or Midwife according to the Nursing Act, No. 33 of 2005 and
- Made an extra-ordinary contribution to the field of health care in South Africa, evidenced by outcomes and impact in individuals, systems, policies and/or organizations; and
- Evidence of leadership, innovation and scholarship; and
- Potential contribution of the person to the activities of the Academy.
Any person can nominate any South African nurse for membership if supported by at least two (2) existing Fellows.
Membership Fees for 2014
The fee structure is as follows:
- Review/nomination fee: R200
- Induction fee: R300
- Annual membership: R500